Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
A designer who can code is considered a unicorn. As someone making that transition Nathalie is often quizzed - “Just how tricky is it to switch from designer to developer?” Admittedly, Nathalie sometimes feels more pantomime donkey (with very wobbly back end legs). With that in mind, this talk is an introduction into how developers can firm up their front legs and discover a love for design. Forget the fluff and abstract theories, this gets straight to the heart of how to take the structured principles of design and translate them into logical processes. Come away with ideas on how to keep frontend frameworks in their place, breathe personality into a project, and think like a designer. Get ready to toss away that pantomime donkey and rock the unicorn look.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- It’s Just Data (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Damjan Vujnovic's Angular Workshop (in London on 3rd - 5th July 2019)
- London TensorFlow.js (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Keynote by Bruce Lawson on How To Make Loveliness: an HTML Treasure Hunt (in London on 24th June 2019)
- Frontend Series (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Lightning Talk: Independent Services, Throw Your Hands Up At Me (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
From Pantomime Donkey To Unicorn Designer
Nathalie is an experienced and passionate designer, who learnt to code in her 40s to make the transition from graphic designer to an award-winning web developer. After dedicating 16 years of a career break to raising a family, Nathalie continues with her enthusiasm for coding.