Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
For a technology Company such as eBay, the ability to continuously roll out software is crucial for competing in a fast paced industry and highly disruptive market. A Company can become more competitive by evolving its products and services into more versatile solutions for its customers. This can be achieved through the continuous roll-out of incremental code changes in a safe and controlled manner to reduce technical debt and accelerate innovation.
Guillaume will introduce practices and offer strategies that teams can use to improve their effectiveness with rolling out code changes to a live environment using Continuous Delivery (CD).
He will also demonstrate how teams can achieve CD for their applications, services or libraries by giving the team control over its Build Pipeline via a robust, repeatable and programmatic way to bootstrap, evolve and restore a CD pipeline. As part of the demonstration, he will introduce how to use the latest capability of Jenkins Pipeline DSL when designing a CD pipeline and how to use Docker containers for running the CD pipeline.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 1st - 4th December 2020)
- Getting Started with CI/CD with Dave Farley (Online Course on 2nd - 3rd December 2020)
- CloudNative eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 17th - 18th November 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Let’s Play with Cloud Code to Run Cloud Native Applications (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
Lightning Talk: The Art of Continuous Delivery using Jenkins Pipeline DSL and Docker for Node.js Application
Guillaume defines himself as a developer and Agile enthusiast with a passion for Software Craftsmanship. He started at eBay in January 2013 and was among the first engineers to join the newly formed European Product Development organisation with the aim of becoming a world class agile organisation.