Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, Holly will share some stories of customers struggling to get cloud native, and how she applied her methodology to turn things around. Holly will explore the ideal team size, the ideal microservice size, what skills a team needs, the role of architects, how to know if something is ready to ship, and whose fault everything is (joke!).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs: Cloud Surprises for the Java Developer (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Distributed Data Patterns for Microservices — Half‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 12th October 2021)
- Intermediate Docker with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 19th - 22nd October 2021)
- Storytelling: Shifting the Culture Through Sharing Experiences (SkillsCast recorded in July 2021)
- HSBC: Delivering Value in Our New Way of Working (SkillsCast recorded in July 2021)
Keynote: Cloud Native Is About Culture, Not Containers
Holly Cummins is the worldwide development lead for the IBM Cloud Garage, and a developer in the London Cloud Garage. Holly is also a Java Champion and JavaOne Rock Star. Before joining the Cloud Garage, she was Delivery Lead for the WebSphere Liberty Profile (now Open Liberty). Holly co-authored Manning’s Enterprise OSGi in Action.