A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Starting from nothing, you're going to build a basic web UI over https://pokeapi.co/ - everything you ever wanted to ever know (or not know) about Pokemon!
You'll need recent versions of .NET Core, Node and Yarn installed to take part in this workshop. Basic knowledge of F# syntax will help, but isn't strictly required.
Prerequisites: dotnet SDK 2.0 or higher node.js 6.11 or higher A JS package manager: yarn or npm An F# editor like like VS Code or Atom with Ionide, Visual Studio for Windows or macOS, Emacs with fsharp-mode or Rider If not on Windows: Mono for editor support and package management
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Michael Newton on RouteMaster (SkillsCast recorded in December 2017)
- F# eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 21st October 2020)
- London Calling (Online Meetup on 24th September 2020)
- Applied Domain-Driven Design — Full-Stack Event Sourcing (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- What’s New in .NET Core 3.0 and .NET 5.0 for Performance and Memory-Aware Folks? (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Tutorial: Fabled Pokemon
Developer, Architect, Trainer, Consultant; Michael runs @mavnn ltd along with his wife, providing training and consultancy. If it relates to learning about or using anything that relates to .net, functional programming or build/infrastructure tooling we can probably help you.