A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Starting from nothing, you're going to build a basic web UI over https://pokeapi.co/ - everything you ever wanted to ever know (or not know) about Pokemon!
You'll need recent versions of .NET Core, Node and Yarn installed to take part in this workshop. Basic knowledge of F# syntax will help, but isn't strictly required.
Prerequisites: dotnet SDK 2.0 or higher node.js 6.11 or higher A JS package manager: yarn or npm An F# editor like like VS Code or Atom with Ionide, Visual Studio for Windows or macOS, Emacs with fsharp-mode or Rider If not on Windows: Mono for editor support and package management
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Michael Newton on RouteMaster (SkillsCast recorded in December 2017)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Course on 7th - 10th December 2021)
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th October 2021)
- Accessibility Testing: Why and How to involve People with Disabilities (Online Meetup on 28th October 2021)
- F# for a Real World E-commerce Project (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Rethinking Bioinformatic Algorithms Using F# (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
Tutorial: Fabled Pokemon
Developer, Architect, Trainer, Consultant; Michael runs @mavnn ltd along with his wife, providing training and consultancy. If it relates to learning about or using anything that relates to .net, functional programming or build/infrastructure tooling we can probably help you.