Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
You can be faced with a nightmare of Xcode, Android Studio, Objective C, Swift and other options. This means not only learning multiple languages and frameworks but also having to support two different codebases for the same application. But Xamarin Native and Xamarin.Forms offer a powerful, cross-platform development solution for .NET developers looking to target smartphones, tablets, TV’s, computers and IoT devices.
In this talk, Luce shares what Xamarin is including Native and Xamarin.Forms for both C# and F#, how to get started creating a simple HelloWorld app from scratch and a more complex example (will involve at least one Azure service including Cognitive Services for facial recognition). Also how to use Visual Studio Team Services for Continuous Integration and some awesome examples of apps written using Xamarin including ones used to save lives!
This talk will include slides, demos, code samples, live coding and the audience will walk away feeling like they too can create a mobile app in just a few minutes and carry their work around with them in their pocket or backpack!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Brian Egan's Flutter and Dart Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Leonardo De Marchi's Deep Learning Fundamentals (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- iOSCon 2020 - The conference for iOS and Swift Developers (in London on 19th - 20th March 2020)
- Clean Architecture using BLoC & Voyager: DI & the Widget Router (in London on 21st October 2019)
- Designing embodied human-computer interactions with audio processing parameters (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Cleaning the Big Picture: Creating Maintainable Mobile Games in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Pragmatic Memory Management (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)