Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
You can be faced with a nightmare of Xcode, Android Studio, Objective C, Swift and other options. This means not only learning multiple languages and frameworks but also having to support two different codebases for the same application. But Xamarin Native and Xamarin.Forms offer a powerful, cross-platform development solution for .NET developers looking to target smartphones, tablets, TV’s, computers and IoT devices.
In this talk, Luce shares what Xamarin is including Native and Xamarin.Forms for both C# and F#, how to get started creating a simple HelloWorld app from scratch and a more complex example (will involve at least one Azure service including Cognitive Services for facial recognition). Also how to use Visual Studio Team Services for Continuous Integration and some awesome examples of apps written using Xamarin including ones used to save lives!
This talk will include slides, demos, code samples, live coding and the audience will walk away feeling like they too can create a mobile app in just a few minutes and carry their work around with them in their pocket or backpack!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Android Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 22nd - 24th February 2021)
- iOS Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 1st - 3rd March 2021)
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th - 21st October 2021)
- Introducing AWS Immersion Days (Online Meetup on 11th February 2021)
- Personal Engineering: Living Well at Work (Online Meetup on 11th March 2021)
- F# for a Real World E-commerce Project (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Rethinking Bioinformatic Algorithms Using F# (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)