SkillsCast coming soon.
AWS Lambdas, Azure Functions - "Serverless" seems to be the rage these days. And it's simple enough to get an endpoint up and running. But try getting bigger applications going, and the complexity increases quite quickly. How do you maintain coherence when each function is a service? How do you deal with authentication? What about logging and monitoring?
In this tutorial, you'll be using a toolkit that makes managing and deploying Serverless applications manageable, and it targets multiple cloud providers - AWS, Azure, GCP - even Kubernetes. You'll be using AWS (the free tier should be sufficient).
Please ensure that you have Nodejs and the AWS cli installed.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Cassandra - awesome for non-petabyte scale (too) (SkillsCast recorded in August 2014)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 1st - 3rd July 2019)
- ProgNET London 2019 (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Keynote by Kris Nova on The Power of Linux Virtualization with Cloud Native (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Keynote by Markus Eisele on Java in the Age of Containers and Serverless (in London on 20th June 2019)
- How do we become Cloud Native? (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Keynote: Crossing the River by Feeing the Stones (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Tutorial: Serverless Sanity
Ashic Mahtab is a passionate and highly respected member of London's developer community, Passionate about Software Craftsmanship, Software Design, Messaging, DDD, CQRS, Event Sourcing, Git and Versioning and almost anything to do with software, Ashic regularly speaks about these topics at international conferences, meetups and user groups..