A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
AWS Lambdas, Azure Functions - "Serverless" seems to be the rage these days. And it's simple enough to get an endpoint up and running. But try getting bigger applications going, and the complexity increases quite quickly. How do you maintain coherence when each function is a service? How do you deal with authentication? What about logging and monitoring?
In this tutorial, you'll be using a toolkit that makes managing and deploying Serverless applications manageable, and it targets multiple cloud providers - AWS, Azure, GCP - even Kubernetes. You'll be using AWS (the free tier should be sufficient).
Please ensure that you have Nodejs and the AWS cli installed.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Cassandra - awesome for non-petabyte scale (too) (SkillsCast recorded in August 2014)
- Advanced Kubernetes Concepts with Jérôme Petazzoni (Online Course on 28th September - 1st October 2020)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 19th - 22nd October 2020)
- CloudNative eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 17th - 18th November 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Let’s Play with Cloud Code to Run Cloud Native Applications (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
Tutorial: Serverless Sanity
Ashic Mahtab is a passionate and highly respected member of London's developer community, Passionate about Software Craftsmanship, Software Design, Messaging, DDD, CQRS, Event Sourcing, Git and Versioning and almost anything to do with software, Ashic regularly speaks about these topics at international conferences, meetups and user groups..