This session was not filmed.
Love Go? Ever wanted to give something back? Come to London’s first Go Contributor Workshop, where you will learn how to contribute to the Go project via Gerrit. To take part in the workshop, all you need is a laptop with Go and Git installed, and a basic understanding of Go. And, of course, an appetite for contributing to open source software!
Prior to coming to the workshop, you should ensure your development environment is set up. Follow the first three sections of the contribution guide:
Configure Git to use Gerrit
Contributor License Agreement
Setting up Git for submission to Gerrit
You should use the go-contrib-init tool that the page mentions, to make the process easier.
We will be using the #contributor-workshop channel on the Gophers Slack - you can sign up here! If you run into any issues setting up your development environment prior to the workshop, please ask for help in that channel.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- ProgNET London 2019 (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- London TensorFlow.js (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Inspire creation with technology such as the Raspberry Pi over a pint. (in London on 25th June 2019)
- Drawing Git Graphs in the Browser (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Keynote: Bridging Open Source and Open Standards (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)