Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Within all the Microservices characteristics, undoubtedly the one that creates more perplexity is the “one database per Microservice”. However, very few teams have the privilege of starting something from scratch: most of the times they have a legacy database that will survive any new implementation.
In legacy systems you traditionally have a model that adopts transactions and CRUD. Now you must reassess some of these concepts. In this talk Edson will explore consistency, CRUD and CQRS, Event Sourcing, and how these techniques relate to each other in many different integration strategies for databases. You will learn about Views, Materialized Views, Mirror Tables, Event Sourcing, Data Virtualization, Change Data Capture, and how these strategies enable you to build up a Microservices architecture from a legacy monolithic relational database.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Design Patterns in Action — Full‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th October 2021)
- Getting API Design Right: Learning from Anti-Patterns — Full‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th October 2021)
- Software Architecture Gathering Digital 2021 (Online Conference on 13th - 14th October 2021)
- Domain-Driven Design Hands-On Workshop: A DDD-traineeship at "Carries Cars" (Online Meetup on 26th October 2021)
- Who Tests Their Cloud Code Anyway? (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- Keynote: The Magic of Platforms (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)