The existence of features such immutability by default, the elimination of nulls and a rich type system make many of the the tests we write in C# redundant as they are prevented by the language itself. This allows us to concentrate on testing things of real business value. In this session you will learn about the rich variety of testing tools and strategies we have in F# and when to use them.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- It's a stress-free life being an F# dev (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Haskell at Work (Online Workshop on 30th January - 2nd February 2023)
- Haskell eXchange 2022: Novice Track (Online Conference on 7th December 2022)
- Haskell eXchange 2022: Online Conference (Online Conference on 8th - 9th December 2022)
- How to Test a Million Lines of Code without Writing a Single Test (SkillsCast recorded in October 2022)
- How is "Works on My Machine" Still a Thing in 2022? (SkillsCast recorded in July 2022)
Exploring the Testing Landscape in F#
Software developer for over 25 years. C# since 2003. Re-discovered my passion when I found functional programming and F#. I work remotely for Softwarepark, a specialist software and data science supplier based in Vienna, Austria. I specialise in presenting F# to newcomers to the language at user groups and through my employer's blog.