Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
The Android 8.0 release introduced the Autofill Framework, a secure and efficient way to enable password managers to automatically enter user data into other apps.
Although the Autofill Framework was designed to work without any effort from app developers, apps that explicitly integrate with the framework improves its workflow, resulting in a better user experience and retention.
This session will be presented by the Android Engineer leading the Autofill Framework project and will cover 10 simple tricks that help app developers integrate with the framework, such as:
- Layout XML annotations
- Android Studio integration
- Testing with standard services
- Android P improvements
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- iOSCon 2020 - The conference for iOS and Swift Developers (in London on 19th - 20th March 2020)
- Clean Architecture using BLoC & Voyager: DI & the Widget Router (in London on 21st October 2019)
- The Sonic Contender (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Cleaning the Big Picture: Creating Maintainable Mobile Games in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Lightning Talk: Ideas for Future Haskell Tooling (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Android Autofill: 10 ways to optimize your app for a better user experience
Felipe Leme is the lead engineer of the Autofill Framework. He joined the Android team in 2012 and worked on many projects such as Google Cloud Messaging, Data Saver, Interactive Bugreports, Scoped Directory Access, and Google Play Movies.