Serverless computing is changing the way that software systems are being built and operated. Despite being a relatively new area within the IT industry, serverless has the potential to massively alter the way that business value is being delivered with software. In this talk, Rafal will introduce key tenets of serverless computing and compare it to the more traditional technology stack running on top compute instances or containers. He will also explain the programming model of Function-as-a-Service, using AWS Lambda as an example and provide overview of other cloud services, commonly used to deliver serverless architectures.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talks 4 (SkillsCast recorded in December 2015)
- Azure DevOps (in Online Event on 15th July 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (in Online Event on 23rd July 2020)
- Let’s Play with Cloud Code to Run Cloud Native Applications (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
- How to use Apache Kafka and Grafana to visualise business process decisions running on the cloud! - Paulo Menon, Ingo Weiss, Craig Reeves. (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
What is Serverless and why should you care
Rafal Gancarz is an IT Consultant, currently working with Starbucks. He is a versatile technologist with years of commercial experience building high quality distributed systems. Rafal is a technical architect with broad expertise in numerous architectural styles and patterns as well as excellent hands-on developer, able to tackle complexity in the heart of any IT solution while providing mentoring and guidance within the technical team. He is also a Certified Scrum Master, experienced agile practitioner and evangelist, passionate about improving project delivery and building highly performing teams.