Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Android Instant applications are becoming increasingly available, and thanks to the work from the Android platform it team can already be installed on devices running Android Lollipop or later.
But how can you as an application developer for a large application or one with plenty of untested legacy code? Preparing an application that might be tightly coupled into a single module requires us to carefully de-tangle and move concerns to independent modules.
This talk covers how they managed to prepare our application for instant apps by breaking off base elements and isolating essential key features into self contained, independent modules, with all the difficulties that this entails and how you can avoid the common pain points and pitfalls
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- iOSCon 2020 - The conference for iOS and Swift Developers (in London on 19th - 20th March 2020)
- Clean Architecture using BLoC & Voyager: DI & the Widget Router (in London on 21st October 2019)
- The Sonic Contender (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Cleaning the Big Picture: Creating Maintainable Mobile Games in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Design to code. Meet Supernova. (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Preparing your Application for Google Play Instant
Ash is a Senior Android developer at @ImmobilienScout, he's a digital policy advocate, musing over fond memories of British tea and Salt & Vinegar Crisps.