Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
So instead of superficially explaining why an architecture is better than another, Mounir will explore with you some issues you might face in our daily Android development job and how you can solve those easily through 3 examples.
You have crashes you can't reproduce. Those crashes can be seen on different devices. You will learn about all the steps that led to these issues to understand and fix those easily.
Integration tests are great and necessary to ensure a complete flow is working as expected, but they are complex to set up, and it takes time to run the whole test suite when using an instrumentation tool such as Espresso.
Your legacy app has some "startActivity" calls in activites, fragments, custom views, and even in RecyclerView adapters (who did that !?!). You have no visibility regarding the overall navigation of your app and the code is sometimes hard to follow.
Mounir will share with you the concepts underneath and how such an architecture can be implemented using functional programming patterns through writing a Kotlin DSL. This talk is targeting developers who have already written some Kotlin code.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- FP in Kotlin with Arrow with Jorge Castillo (Online Course on 20th - 23rd September 2021)
- iOS Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 29th November - 1st December 2021)
- Haskell eXchange 2021: Pro Track (Online Conference on 16th - 17th November 2021)
- Formal Verification of Subsets of the Rust Language (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
- Rethinking Bioinformatic Algorithms Using F# (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
The Rise Of The State Machines: An introduction To Predictable State Container Based Architectures For Your Android Apps
Mounir Boudraa is a software engineer passionate about code craftsmanship. Always looking for new ways of doing stuff.