Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In Jean-Yves' company, they have a lot of closed, independent applications in order to build an airline's website. They have all their own requirements and limitations, and rely on old technologies: EDIFACT, XML web services, etc... Jean-Yves and his Team wanted to develop a new platform, embracing the latest trends in web development that would answer the needs of all those isolated applications at once.
It had to be:
During this talk you will learn about the challenges of migrating this old stack to a brand new and modular platform. Jean-Yves will explore how they overcame all their challenges:
How Angular and web components enabled them to share code across applications
How moving to restful services could enable multi device bookings: start on your browser and continue on your PC.
How embracing the power of open source, and the latest web technologies speeds up development, and makes writing tests and debugging easier
How the transformation is beneficial to the developer, to the company, to the airline, and to the end user.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Damjan Vujnovic's Angular Workshop (in London on 3rd - 5th July 2019)
- Keynote by Bruce Lawson on How To Make Loveliness: an HTML Treasure Hunt (in London on 24th June 2019)
- Keynote by Eduardo San Martin Morote on Modern Front End Routing (in London on 25th June 2019)
- Draft Day: Building a Fantasy Sports App with TypeScript (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Lightning Talk: Leveraging the Monorepo: Composable Apps with Webpack (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Lightning Talk: How Angular Is Going To Change The Way You Book Your Flights