Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In Jean-Yves' company, they have a lot of closed, independent applications in order to build an airline's website. They have all their own requirements and limitations, and rely on old technologies: EDIFACT, XML web services, etc... Jean-Yves and his Team wanted to develop a new platform, embracing the latest trends in web development that would answer the needs of all those isolated applications at once.
It had to be:
During this talk you will learn about the challenges of migrating this old stack to a brand new and modular platform. Jean-Yves will explore how they overcame all their challenges:
How Angular and web components enabled them to share code across applications
How moving to restful services could enable multi device bookings: start on your browser and continue on your PC.
How embracing the power of open source, and the latest web technologies speeds up development, and makes writing tests and debugging easier
How the transformation is beneficial to the developer, to the company, to the airline, and to the end user.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Damjan Vujnovic's Angular Workshop (in London on 25th - 27th November 2019)
- Keynote by Ruben Bridgewater on Performance Optimisations and the Possible Savings Doing So (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Keynote Evening with Tejas Kumar! (in London on 27th November 2019)
- Fireside Chat with Special Guests (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Introduction to Nuxt and Headless CMS (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Lightning Talk: How Angular Is Going To Change The Way You Book Your Flights