Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
This talk will show how Eric approached this problem, started solving it with 2 simple type classes and a bit of Template Haskell but then came up with a much more simple way, relying on just one data structure!
Not only this makes reconfiguring applications a breeze but the same technique can be applied to Hedgehog generators where you can define a "compositional language" to modify existing generators for nested data structures. You can now express things like "generate a model of shoe with only the colour blue and 2 sizes
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Practical Eff monad for microservices - Advanced (SkillsCast recorded in December 2016)
- Haskell eXchange 2021: Novice Track (Online Conference on 15th November 2021)
- Haskell eXchange 2021: Pro Track (Online Conference on 16th - 17th November 2021)
- Accessibility Testing: Why and How to involve People with Disabilities (Online Meetup on 28th October 2021)
- Modules are Underrated (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Who Tests Their Cloud Code Anyway? (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
Wire Once, Rewire Twice
Eric is a recovering C++/Java developer who fell in love with functional programming and was incredibly happy the day he landed his first Scala job. The companies he has worked for range from very small start-ups to huge corps in all sort of sectors: telecoms, banking, pharmaceuticals, software editing.