In this talk learn more about how Java and the JVM cope with the challenge of meeting the needs of such a disparate set of requirements. With a range of examples this talk will explore the cutting edge of “Java at Scale” and discuss how these use cases are being reflected in new thoughts about Java and the JVM. This talk will help you understand the economic and technical forces driving the evolution of the JVM and will show you a future thats even more amazing than you might imagine.
Out with the old and in with the new. Are you ready?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Java in the 21st Century: Are You Thinking Far Enough Ahead? (SkillsCast recorded in June 2018)
- Hands‑on Microservices Architecture and Design Workshop with Chris Richardson (Online Workshop on 7th - 17th June 2022)
- Intermediate Docker with Matt Saunders (Online Workshop on 3rd - 6th October 2022)
- Java Forum (Online Conference on 31st August 2022)
- What is happening with Java? (Online Meetup on 6th June 2022)
- WebAssembly for Java Developers (Online Meetup on 8th June 2022)
- F# Gives You Superpowers (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Cloud Security Beyond Technology – Organizational Challenges on the Way to Cloud Native (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Java at Scale
Steve has been working on Java SDKs and JVMs since Java was less than 1 year old - that's a long time! His current role is Developer Advocate at Sonatype, the company who automates software supply chain security to accelerate developer innovation.
His credentials are equally long; Developer Advocate, Security Champion, DevOps practitioner (whatever that means), long time Java developer, leader and evangelist. JavaOne Rockstar, JSR leader and representation, committer on open source projects including ones at Apache, Eclipse and OpenJDK.
Steve is a seasoned speaker and regular presenter at international conferences on technical and software engineering topics.