This talk is 2 part folded: the story that led us create it and switch to it at DriveTribe and an introduction with a little demo to this technology.
The incentive is to show people that Scala can be a great language for DevOps use and hopefully boost the interest in making libraries around it to solve common problems we have in DevOps.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Understanding Distributed Systems using OpenTelemetry with Liz Fong-Jones (Online Course on 7th December 2021)
- Intermediate Docker with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 7th - 10th February 2022)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Haskell eXchange 2021: Pro Track (Online Conference on 16th - 17th November 2021)
- Software Architecture in a DevOps World (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- The Myth of Team Autonomy: Why it is an Illusion and We Still Need It (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Orchestra: DevOps with Scala and Kubernetes
Joan is a Scala backend engineer who refuses to do DevOps in a non functional way. He created Orchestra, a Continuous Deployment system written and configured in Scala. He also likes contributing to Kafka Streams, Kubernetes, Scalafix, and writing technical articles on Medium.