Tomas Petricek'll show interesting aspects of a live coding environment for The Gamma, its functional F# implementation and explain how the compiler differs from textbook examples. Along the way, you'll see practical code samples interesting for both web developers and programming language enthusiasts.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Functionalist programming language design (SkillsCast recorded in June 2018)
- FP in Kotlin with Arrow with Jorge Castillo (Online Course on 24th - 27th May 2021)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Course on 28th June - 1st July 2021)
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th - 21st October 2021)
- Haskell eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 16th - 17th November 2021)
- F# for a Real World E-commerce Project (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Rethinking Bioinformatic Algorithms Using F# (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
Rethinking Compilers With Live Coding
Tomas is a computer scientist and open-source developer. He is a Visiting Researcher at the Alan Turing Institute working on tools for open data-driven storytelling. He wrote a popular book called "Real-World Functional Programming" and is a lead developer of several F# open-source libraries.