In this talk, Ibukun Oluwayomi will attempt to answer questions such as what really is concurrency and is concurrency the same thing as parallelism? Check it out!
Take away from this talk include:
• What concurrent problems are and why approaching them concurrently is the best approach. • What tools for concurrency and parralellism are available in the python standard library and the limitations they have. • What the Global interpreter lock (GIL) is and why the Python Multithreading module is not what you might expect.
This talk will barely scratch the surface of concurrency as it is quite a complicated topic in software development. Ibukun's goal is to show that you do not have to understand all of those complexities to take advantage of its benefits as a Python developer.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- Python for Programmers (in London on 11th - 13th November 2019)
- Practical ML 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd July 2020)
- October Raspberry Pint: Raspberry Pis and other Digital Making Fun (in London on 29th October 2019)
- Django Signals (in London on 4th November 2019)
- Transforming Legal Recruitment with a Market Knowledge Graph (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Hiring a Personal Investigator for Your App (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)