In this talk, Ibukun Oluwayomi will attempt to answer questions such as what really is concurrency and is concurrency the same thing as parallelism? Check it out!
Take away from this talk include:
• What concurrent problems are and why approaching them concurrently is the best approach. • What tools for concurrency and parralellism are available in the python standard library and the limitations they have. • What the Global interpreter lock (GIL) is and why the Python Multithreading module is not what you might expect.
This talk will barely scratch the surface of concurrency as it is quite a complicated topic in software development. Ibukun's goal is to show that you do not have to understand all of those complexities to take advantage of its benefits as a Python developer.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Course on 8th - 11th March 2021)
- Extreme Java: Concurrency Performance with Dr Heinz Kabutz (Online Course on 31st March - 2nd April 2021)
- Agile Functional Data Pipeline in Haskell: A Case Study of Multicloud API Binding (SkillsCast recorded in November 2020)
- Transforming Legal Recruitment with a Market Knowledge Graph (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)