In this talk, Ibukun Oluwayomi will attempt to answer questions such as what really is concurrency and is concurrency the same thing as parallelism? Check it out!
Take away from this talk include:
• What concurrent problems are and why approaching them concurrently is the best approach. • What tools for concurrency and parralellism are available in the python standard library and the limitations they have. • What the Global interpreter lock (GIL) is and why the Python Multithreading module is not what you might expect.
This talk will barely scratch the surface of concurrency as it is quite a complicated topic in software development. Ibukun's goal is to show that you do not have to understand all of those complexities to take advantage of its benefits as a Python developer.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Python for Programmers (in London on 24th - 26th June 2019)
- Modern development with Java (in London on 15th - 17th July 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - The conference on Big Data and AI (in London on 4th - 5th July 2019)
- Keynote by Emily Robinson on Creating a Strong Data Science Portfolio (in London on 24th June 2019)
- IWDS 23: Intro to Natural Language Processing (NLP) - 1/2 (in London on 24th June 2019)
- Upgrading to Django 2.2 (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- User-First Internationalisation (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)