Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
During this talk you will also learn:
Nicky's motivation for moving services into containers
The pain that went along with very early adoption
Which development approaches and practices help or hinder containerising a service
How Nicky's development process changed when she started running in containers
Best practices and lessons learnt around migrations
3 years on: what does she get out of containers now and was the journey worth it?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- An Engineer's Guide to a Good Night's Sleep (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Design Patterns in Action — Full‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th October 2021)
- Getting API Design Right: Learning from Anti-Patterns — Full‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th October 2021)
- Software Architecture Gathering Digital 2021 (Online Conference on 13th - 14th October 2021)
- Domain-Driven Design Hands-On Workshop: A DDD-traineeship at "Carries Cars" (Online Meetup on 26th October 2021)
- Who Tests Their Cloud Code Anyway? (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- Keynote: The Magic of Platforms (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
The Bumpy Road Towards Containerised Microservices: Why Early Adoption Meant It Took Longer For Us To Get There
Nicky is a principal engineer formerly of the Financial Times and has been leading teams for more than 15 years, across a wide range of industries: travel, banking, media, retail and telecommunications. She passionately drives forward cloud native architectures and approaches that allow engineers to deliver deliver business value quickly whilst also reducing the support overhead needed for complex distributed systems.