Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
During this talk you will also learn:
Nicky's motivation for moving services into containers
The pain that went along with very early adoption
Which development approaches and practices help or hinder containerising a service
How Nicky's development process changed when she started running in containers
Best practices and lessons learnt around migrations
3 years on: what does she get out of containers now and was the journey worth it?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- An Engineer's Guide to a Good Night's Sleep (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Domain-Driven Design in Practice with Michael Plöd (Online Workshop on 13th - 15th December 2022)
- YOW! London: In-Person (in London on 29th - 30th November 2022)
- YOW! London: Online (Online Conference on 29th - 30th November 2022)
- E127 - Sara Harrup - The Pathway to Using Data Analytics to Relieve Hunger & in the Business (Online Meetup on 27th November 2022)
- Carving Microservices Out of the Monolith With Domain Storytelling (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
- Domain Driven Design in Cloud Native Environments (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
The Bumpy Road Towards Containerised Microservices: Why Early Adoption Meant It Took Longer For Us To Get There
Nicky is a principal engineer formerly of the Financial Times and has been leading teams for more than 15 years, across a wide range of industries: travel, banking, media, retail and telecommunications. She passionately drives forward cloud native architectures and approaches that allow engineers to deliver deliver business value quickly whilst also reducing the support overhead needed for complex distributed systems.