Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
During this talk you will also learn:
Nicky's motivation for moving services into containers
The pain that went along with very early adoption
Which development approaches and practices help or hinder containerising a service
How Nicky's development process changed when she started running in containers
Best practices and lessons learnt around migrations
3 years on: what does she get out of containers now and was the journey worth it?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- An Engineer's Guide to a Good Night's Sleep (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Designing Microservices: Responsibilities, APIs and Collaborations with Chris Richardson (Online Workshop on 23rd - 26th August 2022)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Workshop on 19th - 22nd September 2022)
- J Forum (Online Conference on 31st August 2022)
- YOW! London: In-Person (in London on 22nd - 23rd September 2022)
- Typescript Beyond the Stack (SkillsCast recorded in July 2022)
- Typescript beyond the stack (SkillsCast recorded in July 2022)
The Bumpy Road Towards Containerised Microservices: Why Early Adoption Meant It Took Longer For Us To Get There
Nicky is a principal engineer formerly of the Financial Times and has been leading teams for more than 15 years, across a wide range of industries: travel, banking, media, retail and telecommunications. She passionately drives forward cloud native architectures and approaches that allow engineers to deliver deliver business value quickly whilst also reducing the support overhead needed for complex distributed systems.