Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In “Data: A Guide To Humans,” Phil and Noelia explore the important human skill of empathy and unpack how this skill directly affects your technical work.
In this talk they will walk you through the core topics: * Real world examples of human failures in empathy – from technology and Artificial Intelligence – to our impact on the planet, other forms of life and climate change * How empathy forms the basis of solutions – a clear, learnable model of empathy you can use and apply now.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Data: A Guide To Humans (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Deep Learning Fundamentals with Leonardo De Marchi (Online Course on 12th - 15th July 2021)
- LDN *Virtual* Talks May 2021 (Online Meetup on 27th May 2021)
- 90 Minutes: The Continuous Delivery of Data (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Building a Custom Type Provider (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
Data Empathy; How Empathy Makes You a More Successful Technologist
Phil is a big beardy data geek who loves working with data and solving interesting data problems. He is especially interested soft skills for technical people in data, empathy, ethics and in the impact of data on what people know and how they know it. Starting his career with a BA in AI, he has worked in a wide range of industries from surveying, to architecture, to advertising, to being the CTO and technical founder of a data start-up. Phil now works at Microsoft as a Cloud Solution Architect for Data & AI in One Commercial Partner.
Noelia Jiménez Martínez is Head of Data Science and Astrophysics at Unbound. She holds a PhD in Numerical Astrophysics from the UNLP (La Plata, Argentina) applied to Galaxy Formation and Chemical Evolution.