Serverless or Functions as a Service is growing in popularity and can be liberating. But the configuration of AWS Lambda and friends can be fiddly. The experience of developing, deploying, iterating and versioning your Lambda functions can be painful.
This talk will show how Netlify Functions can provide productive workflows for building with AWS Lambda. We'll go from zero to API, including infinite immutable staging and production environments, in just a few minutes. All based on familiar development workflows and practices.
Key takeaways: - An introduction to working with Netlify Functions - How to write an deploy AWS Lambdas with git-based workflow - How to create immutable versions of AWS Lambdas with one-click roll backs and version deploys - Combining Netlify features with events and triggers
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 7th - 9th September 2020)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 21st - 24th September 2020)
- Building and Leading Remote Teams (Online Meetup on 19th August 2020)
- The History of DevOps at Amazon (Online Meetup on 16th September 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- How developers are the new security rockstars
Sustainable serverless workflows with Netlify Functions
Phil is Head of Developer Relations at Netlify, the fastest growing automation and hosting platform for modern websites. With a passion for browser technologies, and the empowering properties of the Web, he loves seeking out ingenuity and simplicity, especially in places where over-engineering is common. Phil’s career in web development spans almost 20 years and includes time as a Software Engineer at Verisign, an Open Source Evangelist at British Telecom, and Technology Director at R/GA where he worked with clients around the world such as Nike, Google, Hyundai and Samsung to bring engaging and effective experiences to the widest audience possible.