Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Take a spin with the new Android Jetpack Navigation Components library announced at Google I/O. The Navigation Components let you keep all of your navigation information in one place and include support for Material components such as bottom navigation, the app drawer, and the overflow menu.
Lyla and Dan will explore the basics and then dive into a series of more complex use cases. Learn about advanced topics such deep linking, leveraging Navigation to simplify modularization for instant apps and Dynamic App Delivery, using sub-graphs, manipulating the back-stack, sharing a ViewModel between navigation destinations and more. See what Navigation components can do for you!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Workshop: Room With A View (SkillsCast recorded in October 2018)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- iOSCon 2020 - The conference for iOS and Swift Developers (in London on 19th - 20th March 2020)
- Clean Architecture using BLoC & Voyager: DI & the Widget Router (in London on 21st October 2019)
- The Sonic Contender (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Cleaning the Big Picture: Creating Maintainable Mobile Games in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Design to code. Meet Supernova. (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Adventures in Navigation
Dan Galpin has been working on Android at Google since 2010, leading the development of their Udacity courses and working to make the Android ecosystem better for game developers. He currently leads the Scalable Advocacy Team.
Lyla Fujiwara is an Android Developer Advocate at Google. Prior to joining Google, she worked at Udacity on the Android team, where she taught introductory to advanced Android and Firebase content to over a hundred thousand developers. She's a returned Peace Corps volunteer and has taught and lived on three continents.