A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
At the end of 2016, we decided we wanted to benefit from the work other people were doing and switch over to Kubernetes. But it's not easy to do that kind of move when you have 150+ microservices and you need to keep the existing platform running in parallel while you do the migration.
I'm going to talk about this migration and the challenges we faced.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: Quality for 'Cloud Natives': What Changes When Your Systems Are Complex And Distributed? (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Better Software Faster with Dave Farley (Online Course on 12th - 13th April 2021)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 19th - 22nd April 2021)
- μCon: The Microservices eXchange (Online Conference on 13th - 14th April 2021)
- Containers Beyond the Fundamentals, What Next? with Matt Saunders (Online Meetup on 18th March 2021)
- LDN *Virtual* Talks March 2021 (Online Meetup on 30th March 2021)
- Digital Disruption & Economies of Speed (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
- Go Faster, Be Safer: Release Velocity and Psychological Safety (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
Switching Horses Midstream: The Challenges of Migrating 150+ Microservices to Kubernetes
I've been a developer for 15 years, leading delivery teams across consultancy, financial services and media. Over the last few years I have developed a deep interest in operability, observability and devops, and at the beginning of 2018, this led to me taking over responsibility for Operations and Reliability at the Financial Times.