In this talk we will explore how JVM applications can be packaged inside a Docker image and discuss tips and common pitfalls. We will continue with a brief introduction to Kubernetes, how it can help deploy our Docker containers and how it can integrate with frameworks like Spring. Finally, will look at a development workflow which allows fast local development of large microservices applications leveraging Telepresence.
Novice and competent Kubernetes users welcome!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- It's Not Too Late To Learn About Kubernetes (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Extreme Java: Advanced Topics with Dr Heinz Kabutz (Online Course on 29th - 30th March 2021)
- Extreme Java: Concurrency Performance with Dr Heinz Kabutz (Online Course on 31st March - 2nd April 2021)
- Containers Beyond the Fundamentals, What Next? (Online Meetup on 18th March 2021)
- Prepare for What "Looms" Ahead (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
- AWS Immersion Days (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
Cloud Ready JVM with Kubernetes
César is the Head of Engineering of a growing startup and works with all aspects of software development including Infrastructure, DevOps, design, backend, and frontend. César is particularly interested in the theoretical foundations of Functional Programming and is passionate in his endeavor to convince the Java community to embrace FP beyond lambdas. He regularly speaks at London Meetups, occasionally gives talks at major conferences, such as DevoxxUK, mostly on the adoption of functional programming and Kubernetes. In his spare time he co-organises Devoxx4Kids UK