Congratulations, you are done coding, you made a runnable Jar file. So what? How does it go into the cloud?
In this talk we will explore how JVM applications can be packaged inside a Docker image and discuss tips and common pitfalls. We will continue with a brief introduction to Kubernetes, how it can help deploy our Docker containers and how it can integrate with frameworks like Spring. Finally, will look at a development workflow which allows fast local development of large microservices applications leveraging Telepresence.
Novice and competent Kubernetes users welcome!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- It's Not Too Late To Learn About Kubernetes (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 21st - 24th September 2020)
- Extreme Java: Advanced Topics with Dr Heinz Kabutz (Online Course on 28th - 29th September 2020)
- Building and Leading Remote Teams (Online Meetup on 19th August 2020)
- Building a Cloud Native Application with Quarkus (Online Meetup on 27th August 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Test Automation Beyond Java 8 (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
Cloud Ready JVM with Kubernetes
César is the Head of Engineering of a growing startup and works with all aspects of software development including Infrastructure, DevOps, design, backend, and frontend. César is particularly interested in the theoretical foundations of Functional Programming and is passionate in his endeavor to convince the Java community to embrace FP beyond lambdas. He regularly speaks at London Meetups, occasionally gives talks at major conferences, such as DevoxxUK, mostly on the adoption of functional programming and Kubernetes. In his spare time he co-organises Devoxx4Kids UK