In this talk we will explore how JVM applications can be packaged inside a Docker image and discuss tips and common pitfalls. We will continue with a brief introduction to Kubernetes, how it can help deploy our Docker containers and how it can integrate with frameworks like Spring. Finally, will look at a development workflow which allows fast local development of large microservices applications leveraging Telepresence.
Novice and competent Kubernetes users welcome!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- It's Not Too Late To Learn About Kubernetes (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Advanced Kubernetes Concepts with Jérôme Petazzoni (Online Course on 13th - 16th September 2021)
- Intermediate Docker with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 19th - 22nd October 2021)
- Tooling Up! - Contract testing with Pact (Online Meetup on 7th July 2021)
- Patterns for a Successful Cloud Native Transformation (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
- Cloud, OpenSource and Community (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
Cloud Ready JVM with Kubernetes
César is the Head of Engineering of a growing startup and works with all aspects of software development including Infrastructure, DevOps, design, backend, and frontend. César is particularly interested in the theoretical foundations of Functional Programming and is passionate in his endeavor to convince the Java community to embrace FP beyond lambdas. He regularly speaks at London Meetups, occasionally gives talks at major conferences, such as DevoxxUK, mostly on the adoption of functional programming and Kubernetes. In his spare time he co-organises Devoxx4Kids UK