In this talk we will explore how JVM applications can be packaged inside a Docker image and discuss tips and common pitfalls. We will continue with a brief introduction to Kubernetes, how it can help deploy our Docker containers and how it can integrate with frameworks like Spring. Finally, will look at a development workflow which allows fast local development of large microservices applications leveraging Telepresence.
Novice and competent Kubernetes users welcome!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- It's Not Too Late To Learn About Kubernetes (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Hands‑on Microservices Architecture and Design Workshop with Chris Richardson (Online Workshop on 7th - 17th June 2022)
- Intermediate Docker with Matt Saunders (Online Workshop on 3rd - 6th October 2022)
- Java Forum (Online Conference on 31st August 2022)
- What is happening with Java? (Online Meetup on 6th June 2022)
- WebAssembly for Java Developers (Online Meetup on 8th June 2022)
- F# Gives You Superpowers (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Cloud Security Beyond Technology – Organizational Challenges on the Way to Cloud Native (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Cloud Ready JVM with Kubernetes
César is the Head of Engineering of a growing startup and works with all aspects of software development including Infrastructure, DevOps, design, backend, and frontend. César is particularly interested in the theoretical foundations of Functional Programming and is passionate in his endeavor to convince the Java community to embrace FP beyond lambdas. He regularly speaks at London Meetups, occasionally gives talks at major conferences, such as DevoxxUK, mostly on the adoption of functional programming and Kubernetes. In his spare time he co-organises Devoxx4Kids UK