In this talk we will explore how JVM applications can be packaged inside a Docker image and discuss tips and common pitfalls. We will continue with a brief introduction to Kubernetes, how it can help deploy our Docker containers and how it can integrate with frameworks like Spring. Finally, will look at a development workflow which allows fast local development of large microservices applications leveraging Telepresence.
Novice and competent Kubernetes users welcome!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- It's Not Too Late To Learn About Kubernetes (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Intermediate Docker with Matt Saunders (Online Workshop on 10th - 13th October 2022)
- Beyond Java 8 with Ben Evans (Online Workshop on 18th - 19th November 2022)
- Team Topology - Enablement mode (Online Meetup on 6th October 2022)
- LJC: Monitoring Digital Experience to Determine Feature Effectiveness (Online Meetup on 11th October 2022)
- Uh, Does This Thing Actually Work? Modern Microservices Testing (SkillsCast recorded in August 2022)
- How to Contribute to Java and Open Source Projects (SkillsCast recorded in August 2022)
Cloud Ready JVM with Kubernetes
César is the Head of Engineering of a growing startup and works with all aspects of software development including Infrastructure, DevOps, design, backend, and frontend. César is particularly interested in the theoretical foundations of Functional Programming and is passionate in his endeavor to convince the Java community to embrace FP beyond lambdas. He regularly speaks at London Meetups, occasionally gives talks at major conferences, such as DevoxxUK, mostly on the adoption of functional programming and Kubernetes. In his spare time he co-organises Devoxx4Kids UK