Deng Xiaoping once described managing the economy as crossing the river by feeling the stones—in other words, have a direction but be adaptive. But in a world of constant change, how do you determine the right thing to do? Which pebble to tread on? How do you understand where you’re going and where you need to go? How do you know if your strategy is right? Is there even such a thing?
18:30 - 19:00: Arrivals
19:00 - 19:10: Introductions
19:10 - 20.00: Session Talk
20.00 - 20.30: Networking
We're a Scrum Alliance endorsed User group!
This event will earn Scrum Alliance SEUs worth 2 SEU's
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: Crossing the River by Feeling the Stones (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 24th - 25th February 2021)
- Agile at Scale with Joakim Sundén (Online Course on 1st - 4th March 2021)
- The Death of Silos (Online Meetup on 3rd December 2020)
- Agile During the Time of Jesus (Online Meetup on 17th December 2020)
- Web Performance & Agility: A Curious Mashup (SkillsCast recorded in September 2020)
- Retrospectives Antipatterns — Team Meetings That Don't Suck (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
Crossing the River By Feeling the Stones
Simon is a former CEO, former advisory board member of startups (all now acquired by US Giants), fellow of Open Europe, inventor of Wardley Mapping, a regular conference speaker and a researcher for the LEF. He uses mapping in his research for the LEF covering areas from Serverless to Nation State competition whilst also advising / teaching LEF clients on mapping, strategy, organisation and leadership.