Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Udi Dahan spoke at the DDD Exchange about common misunderstandings and problems that teams have with implementing Domain Driven Design. According to Udi, the domain model pattern seems to be abused more often than not. Check out this SkillsCast recording to find out why...
In this talk, Udi shares some of the biggest mistakes he has seen teams make when applying DDD. Udi covers the following areas:
- Tiers aren’t layers
- Logical and physical connections are different
- All rules aren’t created equal
- Race conditions hide business rules
In this talk, Udi references Martin Fowler's book Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture
And if Udi's talk inspired you to learn more about DDD, CQRS and event-sourcing, you may like to check out the following resources too:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Greg Young's Advanced CQRS & DDD Workshop (in London on 24th - 26th October 2016)
- µCon 2016: The Microservices Conference (in London on 7th - 8th November 2016)
- Eric Evans Domain Driven Design Immersion Workshop (in London on 28th November - 1st December 2016)
- Greg Young's CQRS, Domain Events, Event Sourcing and how to apply DDD (in London on 30th November - 2nd December 2016)
Architectural Innovation: CQRS and the biggest mistakes teams make when applying DDD
Udi Dahan is one of the world’s foremost experts on Service-Oriented Architecture and Domain-Driven Design and also the creator of NServiceBus, the most popular service bus for .NET.