This session takes some of the most common vulnerabilities found in the npm eco-system, breaks them down and shows how simple code can exploit them.
We'll look at examples in the wild that have been exposed, some more famously than others, before showing you how to guard against these important security issues.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- How to Break into Your Application: A Live Hack with Simon Maple Part 2 (SkillsCast recorded in February 2019)
- WebAssembly Deep Dive with Brian Sletten (in London on 21st - 22nd November 2019)
- A Guide to the Market Promise of Automagic AI-Enabled Detection and Response (in London on 29th October 2019)
- Free Code Camp - October (in London on 29th October 2019)
- TBA: Top Secret Cloud-Native Security Lessons (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
The npm Eco-System
Simon is the Director of Developer Relations at Snyk, a Java Champion since 2014, JavaOne Rockstar speaker in 2014, Duke’s Choice award winner, Virtual JUG founder and organiser, London Java Community co-leader and RebelLabs author. He is an experienced speaker, having presented at JavaOne, JavaZone, Jfokus, DevoxxUK, DevoxxFR, JavaLand, JMaghreb and many more including many JUG tours. His passion is around user groups and communities. When not traveling, Simon enjoys spending quality time with his family, cooking and eating great food.