Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, you will explore the topic of Developers supporting their own features in Production. You will discover the benefits of this approach, including greater understanding of your product, its usage and performance, and how this data can be fed back to improve your product.
You will also learn about the downsides of being on-call, combined with the strategies from Ops teams on how to handle these. You’ll come away from this talk feeling empowered to own your own work.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- London Dot Net and FullStack Bytes Festive Edition (SkillsCast recorded in December 2016)
- Intermediate Docker with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 19th - 22nd October 2021)
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 4th - 5th November 2021)
- Cloud, OpenSource and Community (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
- Serverless First (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
You Build it, You Run It – Why Developers Should Also Be On-Call
Chris has been developing software with Microsoft technologies for nearly fourteen years. She currently works at Monzo helping to build the future of banking. She has led teams delivering highly available Web APIs, distributed systems and cloud based services. She has also led teams developing internal build and deployment tooling using the unconventional mix of .Net codebases onto AWS infrastructure. Chris promotes practices we know as Continuous Delivery, including TDD, version control, and Continuous Integration.