Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Development of a feature doesn’t stop at deployment, your involvement continues for the lifetime of the product. If you want great power to control the choice of tooling and approaches, then you accept the great responsibility of ensuring it works, and remains working, in Production.
In this talk, you will explore the topic of Developers supporting their own features in Production. You will discover the benefits of this approach, including greater understanding of your product, its usage and performance, and how this data can be fed back to improve your product.
You will also learn about the downsides of being on-call, combined with the strategies from Ops teams on how to handle these. You’ll come away from this talk feeling empowered to own your own work.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- London Dot Net and FullStack Bytes Festive Edition (SkillsCast recorded in December 2016)
- Advanced Kubernetes Concepts with Jérôme Petazzoni (Online Course on 28th September - 1st October 2020)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 19th - 22nd October 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- How developers are the new security rockstars
You Build it, You Run It – Why Developers Should Also Be On-Call
Chris has been developing software with Microsoft technologies for nearly fourteen years. She currently works at Monzo helping to build the future of banking. She has led teams delivering highly available Web APIs, distributed systems and cloud based services. She has also led teams developing internal build and deployment tooling using the unconventional mix of .Net codebases onto AWS infrastructure. Chris promotes practices we know as Continuous Delivery, including TDD, version control, and Continuous Integration.