Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Since the first introduction of Cats Effect, many things have changed and this has taken its design and performance to a whole new level.
Join Gabriel to learn how to deal with side effects in a pure functional way while abstracting over the effect type to take composition to the next level. Starting with a review of the basic concepts, you will explore the most important features, such as synchronous and asynchronous computations, error handling, safe resource management, concurrency, parallelism and cancellation.
In addition, Gabriel will demonstrate how these abstractions make complex problems trivial in their current production systems.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 13th May 2021)
- Akka Streams for Scala | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 12th May 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021 (Online Conference on 18th - 22nd May 2021)
- An Introduction to Cats Effect with Adam Rosien (Online Meetup on 22nd April 2021)
- Lightning Talk: The Power Of Const (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Lightning Talk: The Elm Architecture in Haskell: Managing state with multiple threads (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Cats Effect, Tagless Final & beyond!
Gabriel is a passionate Software Engineer, co-organizer of the Scala Tokyo Meetup and Open Source contributor that’s been writing code for more than half his life (+15 years), eventually fell in love with Functional Programming and never looked back.