Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, you will discover Typelevel Ciris: a library for lightweight, extensible, and validated configuration loading in Scala. Ciris provides an easy, safe, and secure way to write configurations as code. You will learn how Ciris uses a functional approach to configuration validation, while also dealing with multiple environments and configuration sources, secrets, logging, and effects. In the end, you will have eliminated many common configuration errors and prevented errors from occurring as early as possible.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 13th May 2021)
- Akka Streams for Scala | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 12th May 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021 (Online Conference on 18th - 22nd May 2021)
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th - 21st October 2021)
- An Introduction to Cats Effect with Adam Rosien (Online Meetup on 22nd April 2021)
- Intro to OCaml (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
- Keynote: (Programming Languages) in Agda = Programming (Languages in Agda) (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Ciris: Functional Configurations
Viktor is a Software engineer at Ovo Energy in London, working on the platform powering energy meter readings and consumption data. He’s an advocate of strongly typed functional programming, and Scala in particular, which has been his professional focus the past four years.