Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Much has been said about building Microservices and the advantages of it, but how can you build truly scalable and distributed Microservices systems?
In this talk, Renato will share with you the architectural principles promoted by the Lagom Framework. Through interactive demos you will learn how Lagom can help you build an event sourced application and distribute it over different nodes in a cluster.
You will learn about Lagom’s Persistence API and its underlying technology, namely Akka Persistence and Akka Cluster Sharding. How it favours Event-First Application Design and how its design principles lays the foundation for Reactive Microservice Architecture.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk: Meet Akka gRPC (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Domain Models in Practice: DDD, CQRS & Event Sourcing with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 30th November - 4th December 2020)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non‑DDD People (Online Meetup on 29th October 2020)
- Applied Domain-Driven Design — Full-Stack Event Sourcing (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Keynote: Playful Leadership - How to Enable Transformational Change and Have Fun Doing It (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
What Can Lagom Do For You?
Renato is a software developer at Lightbend where he works in the Lagom Framework Team. Scala aficionado since 2009, he has been hacking in Scala and related technologies for fun and profit. He has a special interest for Event Sourcing/CQRS, DDD and Microservices Architectures. He's the founder of BeScala (Belgian Scala User Group) and maintainer of Lagom Framework.