Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, Renato will share with you the architectural principles promoted by the Lagom Framework. Through interactive demos you will learn how Lagom can help you build an event sourced application and distribute it over different nodes in a cluster.
You will learn about Lagom’s Persistence API and its underlying technology, namely Akka Persistence and Akka Cluster Sharding. How it favours Event-First Application Design and how its design principles lays the foundation for Reactive Microservice Architecture.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk: Meet Akka gRPC (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 8th - 12th November 2021)
- Understanding Distributed Systems using OpenTelemetry with Liz Fong-Jones (Online Course on 7th December 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Understanding Microservices: A Guide for the Monolithic Developer (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Event-Driven Microservices – Evolution, Not Revolution (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
What Can Lagom Do For You?
Renato is a software developer at Lightbend where he works in the Lagom Framework Team. Scala aficionado since 2009, he has been hacking in Scala and related technologies for fun and profit. He has a special interest for Event Sourcing/CQRS, DDD and Microservices Architectures. He's the founder of BeScala (Belgian Scala User Group) and maintainer of Lagom Framework.