Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
What does it take to connect a Google Home to the cloud? Surprisingly, not much!
In this talk, Mete will create a Dialogflow app to get a Google Home device to talk to a container managed by Kubernetes/App Engine.
In the container, he’ll use some of the Machine Learning APIs and BigQuery and see how they can elevate your Google Home app to the next level. He will also integrate with Stackdriver and see how you can get more insights about your app with HTTP tracing and live debugging features of Stackdriver.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Stop Reinventing The Wheel With Istio (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 22nd - 25th February 2021)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Course on 8th - 11th March 2021)
- Technologies for Microservices (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- NodeJS, ML, K8s and Unethical Face Recognition (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Google Home Meets Containers on Google Cloud
Mete Atamel is a Developer Advocate at Google, currently focused on helping developers with Google Cloud Platform. As a long-time Java and a recent C# developer, he likes to compare the two ecosystems. Prior to Google, he worked at Microsoft, Skype, Adobe, EMC, and Nokia building apps and services on various web, mobile and cloud platforms. Originally from Cyprus, he currently lives in Greenwich, not too far away from the prime meridian.