Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, you will discover how implicit conversions and parameters work in Scala. We will explore resolution rules and their precedence and once you have a good understanding of that, you will learn about design patterns – where they can come in handy as well as scenarios where they should definitely be avoided. At the end of this session, you will have a better idea about the power and the responsibility that comes with the 'i-word'.
Understanding of implicit scope and resolution rules
Heuristic to judge the impact and implicit definition has in your codebase
Design patterns with implicit parameters and conversions
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Adaptive Recommender Systems with Apache Spark (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- ScalaCon 2022: Keynote Meetup (in London on 4th October 2022)
- ScalaCon 2022 (Online Conference on 4th - 8th October 2022)
- What is happening with Java? (Online Meetup on 6th June 2022)
- WebAssembly for Java Developers (Online Meetup on 8th June 2022)
- A History of Enterprise Monads (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- Connecting the dots - building and structuring a functional application in Scala (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
Embrace the Implicit
Anna is a Senior Data Engineer at Elsevier. She has been a Scala developer for 4 years, working for start-ups before joining the world of research. Anna works on various recommendation systems utilising the latest research in data science and machine learning. She loves all things functional, cats and knitting.