Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, you will discover how implicit conversions and parameters work in Scala. We will explore resolution rules and their precedence and once you have a good understanding of that, you will learn about design patterns – where they can come in handy as well as scenarios where they should definitely be avoided. At the end of this session, you will have a better idea about the power and the responsibility that comes with the 'i-word'.
Understanding of implicit scope and resolution rules
Heuristic to judge the impact and implicit definition has in your codebase
Design patterns with implicit parameters and conversions
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Adaptive Recommender Systems with Apache Spark (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 13th May 2021)
- Akka Streams for Scala | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 12th May 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021 (Online Conference on 18th - 22nd May 2021)
- An Introduction to Cats Effect with Adam Rosien (Online Meetup on 22nd April 2021)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- The Last Frontier and Beyond (SkillsCast recorded in August 2019)
Embrace the Implicit
Anna is a Senior Data Engineer at Elsevier. She has been a Scala developer for 4 years, working for start-ups before joining the world of research. Anna works on various recommendation systems utilising the latest research in data science and machine learning. She loves all things functional, cats and knitting.