Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Odersky's original idea behind 'scalable language' was that Scala should be an excellent language for writing small scripts, but allow these scripts to easily grow into bigger applications. However, the slow JVM startup time has often been a limiting factor for scripting in Scala. Scala-native promises a solution and during this talk, you will explore some appealing examples.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Temperature control with Raspberry Pi and Akka (SkillsCast recorded in December 2016)
- Extreme Java: Advanced Topics with Dr Heinz Kabutz (Online Course on 29th - 30th March 2021)
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th - 21st October 2021)
- Arthas: Inside Alibaba’s Java Diagnostic Tool (SkillsCast recorded in September 2020)
- Intro to OCaml (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
Throw Away your Bash Scripts
Trond Bjerkestrand, co-founder of Groosker, is a Lightbend-certified Scala and Akka trainer and consultant. He is interested in functional programming, payments, startups and bitcoin and is one of the organizers of the Geneva Scala Enthusiasts meetup.