This session was not filmed.
Build trust and security in your IOT network with Watson IOT Platform certificate support. Hands-on session to issues and deploy certificates both client- and server-side.
We'll be using ESP8266 devices with connected sensors, programmed and configured using the Arduino IDE.
You'll need to bring along a laptop with USB-A connection (direct or via an adapter), install the Arduino IDE (from http://arduino.cc) and have an IBM Cloud account.
18.30 - 19.00: Registration, Food, Drinks and Networking
19.00 - 19.15: Introduction
19.15 - 21.00: Hands on workshop
Ross Cruickshank : Developer Advocate
Brian Innes : Developer Advocate
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Smart metering? It's a gas! (SkillsCast recorded in February 2019)
- Leonardo De Marchi's Deep Learning Fundamentals (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Brian Sletten's Data Science with Python Workshop (in London on 18th - 20th November 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Clean Architecture using BLoC & Voyager: DI & the Widget Router (in London on 21st October 2019)
- Security in the Age of Big Data (Data Anonymisation & Encryption) (in London on 21st October 2019)
- How AI can be used to enable assisted living for the ageing population (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- The importance of DataOps (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
How to secure your IOT devices (hands-on workshop)
Brian Innes is currently a developer advocate for Watson Internet of Things in IBM. Brian received his BSc degree from the University of Newcastle upon Tyne.
Ross works with Independent Solution Vendors (ISVs), business partners, developers and startups to highlight the capabilities of the IBM Bluemix and Softlayer platforms as accelerators for product/offering development and delivery. He is building links between IBM, ISVs, Systems Integrators (SI) and Managed Service Providers (MSP) to expand the ecosystem that builds financially attractive line-of-business applications for our joint clients. Ross is currently recruiting partners to take offerings into the Energy and Utilities sector, around asset management, smart energy and water, and fieldforce enablement.