Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
"No. It's not up for negotiation." How many times have you heard these words before? Do you often wish people would just listen to what you have to say, would see things the way you see them, would buy into your plans?
You all know how demoralising and off-putting rejection can be. What if they told you "No" marks the start of a negotiation that can lead to a meaningful conversation and create a WIN-WIN situation?
With a wealth of experience in Agile coaching and consulting, A.C.E negotiators (short for Agile, Chilled & Empathetic) Tom Roden and Portia Tung will share their adventures in applying a range of tools and techniques, inspired by the work of Chris Voss, former Chief Hostage Negotiator for the FBI.
They will explore what it takes to get you started on your own mission impossible so you can negotiate for better outcomes.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: Playful Leadership - How to Enable Transformational Change and Have Fun Doing It (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 24th - 25th February 2021)
- Agile at Scale with Joakim Sundén (Online Course on 1st - 4th March 2021)
- P3X — People Product Process eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 15th - 16th September 2021)
- Agile During the Time of Jesus (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- The Death of Silos (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Negotiating for Your Life: How to Get More of What You Want from Difficult Situations
Portia is an Executive and Personal coach, Executive Agile coach and play researcher creating transformative change in a range of organisations including the Prime Minister's Office, the NHS, British Airways and global financial institutions. She readily draws from her 20 years of experience in the IT industry ranging from analyst programmer, to development manager, and IT consultant, to Agile coach, and more recently as a trained professional coach.
Tom Roden is a software delivery consultant, coach and quality enthusiast, helping teams and people make the changes needed to successfully adapt to the changing demands of their environment.