Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
You all know how demoralising and off-putting rejection can be. What if they told you "No" marks the start of a negotiation that can lead to a meaningful conversation and create a WIN-WIN situation?
With a wealth of experience in Agile coaching and consulting, A.C.E negotiators (short for Agile, Chilled & Empathetic) Tom Roden and Portia Tung will share their adventures in applying a range of tools and techniques, inspired by the work of Chris Voss, former Chief Hostage Negotiator for the FBI.
They will explore what it takes to get you started on your own mission impossible so you can negotiate for better outcomes.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Personal Engineering: Living Well at Work (SkillsCast recorded in March 2021)
- Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner: Principles to Practices (In Person) with Ben Maynard (in London on 16th - 18th August 2021)
- Large-Scale Scrum In-Person Courses Bundle with Ben Maynard (in London on 16th - 20th August 2021)
- The Study of Enterprise Agility Community: Global Enterprise Agility Month — Leadership and Strategy Week (Online Conference on 6th - 8th July 2021)
- The Study of Enterprise Agility Community: Global Enterprise Agility Month (Online Conference on 6th - 29th July 2021)
- Product Elevation June (Online Meetup on 22nd June 2021)
- Tooling Up! - Contract testing with Pact (Online Meetup on 7th July 2021)
- Test Lead in an Agile Transformation (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
- Keynote: The Best of Everything in DDD (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
Negotiating for Your Life: How to Get More of What You Want from Difficult Situations
Portia is an Executive and Personal coach, Executive Agile coach and play researcher creating transformative change in a range of organisations including the Prime Minister's Office, the NHS, British Airways and global financial institutions. She readily draws from her 20 years of experience in the IT industry ranging from analyst programmer, to development manager, and IT consultant, to Agile coach, and more recently as a trained professional coach.
Tom Roden is a software delivery consultant, coach and quality enthusiast, helping teams and people make the changes needed to successfully adapt to the changing demands of their environment.