Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
You all know how demoralising and off-putting rejection can be. What if they told you "No" marks the start of a negotiation that can lead to a meaningful conversation and create a WIN-WIN situation?
With a wealth of experience in Agile coaching and consulting, A.C.E negotiators (short for Agile, Chilled & Empathetic) Tom Roden and Portia Tung will share their adventures in applying a range of tools and techniques, inspired by the work of Chris Voss, former Chief Hostage Negotiator for the FBI.
They will explore what it takes to get you started on your own mission impossible so you can negotiate for better outcomes.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Personal Engineering: Living Well at Work (SkillsCast recorded in March 2021)
- Agile at Scale with Joakim Sundén (Online Course on 20th - 23rd September 2021)
- Provisional Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner with Ben Maynard (Online Course on 27th - 29th September 2021)
- YOW! December 2021 (Online Conference on 30th November - 1st December 2021)
- Gojko Adzic: Facilitating Impact Mapping - September Meetup part 2 (Online Meetup on 29th September 2021)
- Remote LeSS Sprints with Review Bazaar (Online Meetup on 5th October 2021)
- Words Matter. Build Team Relationships and Push Through Conflicts by Practicing Nonviolent Communication (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- Building Adaptive Systems for a Fast Flow of Change (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
Negotiating for Your Life: How to Get More of What You Want from Difficult Situations
Portia is an Executive and Personal coach, Executive Agile coach and play researcher creating transformative change in a range of organisations including the Prime Minister's Office, the NHS, British Airways and global financial institutions. She readily draws from her 20 years of experience in the IT industry ranging from analyst programmer, to development manager, and IT consultant, to Agile coach, and more recently as a trained professional coach.
Tom Roden is a software delivery consultant, coach and quality enthusiast, helping teams and people make the changes needed to successfully adapt to the changing demands of their environment.