Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Firebase offers two cloud-based, client-accessible database solutions that support realtime data syncing. In this workshop, you'll explore Cloud Firestore, Firebase's new database solution. Cloud Firestore is an efficient, low-latency database solution for mobile apps that is optimized for speed, security, and offline use. As part of this workshop, you will build an app using Cloud Firestore focusing on realtime updates, expressive querying, and offline support. You will learn how to read and write data to Firestore from an Android app, listen to changes in Firestore data in realtime, use Firebase Authentication and security rules to secure Firestore data, and write complex Firestore queries.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Firebase: A Great Analytics Service for Android Development (SkillsCast recorded in April 2017)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- ProgNET London 2019 (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Flutter London June Meetup (in London on 17th June 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Keynote: Crossing the River by Feeing the Stones (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- How To Build a Social Network Entirely on Serverless (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Workshop: Firebase Cloud Firestore: Deep Dive
Kaan is a mobile software engineer at MyDrive Solutions, a Generali company, in London, UK. As an active community builder, he has co-organized a lot of developer events in the UK and Turkey such as DevFests, Android Developer Days’, Android Study Jams, and has been a distinguished speaker at many international industry events in the US, UK, Czech Republic, UAE, Turkey and Georgia. Besides being a Google Developer Group (GDG) London co-organizer, he is a Google Top Contributor (TC) and a Google Local Guide. Kaan is passionate about exploring new technologies and traveling around the world.