Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, we will strip back these terms to the fundamentals. By understanding what they solve and how they solve it you will be able to make a much more informed choice over which rules to apply to your software and when it is OK to break them. By the end of this talk, you will have discovered best-practices in a more refined light, and leave writing better code than before.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- What Colour is Your Function? Red vs Blue (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 13th May 2021)
- Akka Streams for Scala | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 12th May 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021 (Online Conference on 18th - 22nd May 2021)
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th - 21st October 2021)
- An Introduction to Cats Effect with Adam Rosien (Online Meetup on 22nd April 2021)
- Intro to OCaml (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
- Effective Reactive Architecture (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Back to Basics aka 'When to Break Rules'
Rory spends his life fighting to find a balance between writing ugly high performance code and beautiful maintainable code. He fights from the trenches to make software better, contributing to open source and has has worked across the entire gamut of software from building a JVM to optimising grid computing.