Moving from doing great work to being a great leader is very challenging. Being a great designer comes from a mix of talent and training, but very little of this experience and knowledge prepares you for being a great leader.
In this presentation, Jane Austin, interim Director of Product Design at babylon Health!, will be sharing the three stages of creative leadership. This framework is a powerful tool for everyone interested in designing their own career. Gain insights into how to evolve from an individual contributor to a successful team leader and organisational influencer.
Using examples from her career, and from successful leaders both in and outside design, Jane will provide you with a framework that will help you to manage your career better so that you can make this transition smoothly.
By the end of the event you should be able to:
- Identify the career trajectory that suits you
- Use a toolbox of resources to prepare yourself for your next move
- Recognise the behaviours that result in high performing teams
- Determine how to raise your profile and that of your team within your organisation
Another hands-on presentation with exercises, discussions, and introduction to an exciting new UX design topic.
Let’s get together to collaborate, invent and create products that people will be love.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The Moo Experience (SkillsCast recorded in October 2017)
- Leonardo De Marchi's Deep Learning Fundamentals (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Gitte Klitgaard's Whole Team Communication (in London on 29th - 30th October 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- BeyondTech 2020 (in London on 23rd - 24th April 2020)
- PowerBI The Must-Know Speed Up Tricks (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Countdown to Big Data LDN (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Porcupine: Flows Your Rows with Arrows (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Automating Elaborate-Transform-Load for Busy Data Scientists (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
The Three Stages of Creative Leadership
I am user experience specialist with a particular interest in data, start ups and how UX works withAgile and Lean. Currently my particular focus is on bringing user research into the design process and using a variety of methods to evolve and iterate design. My particular passion is growing and leading design teams, which I used to do for MOO, and am now helping Babylon Health with. I love to help people find their dream job and team so if you are looking, and even if you are not, lets have a chat about how to grow your career