Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
“95% of the words are spent extolling the benefits of ‘modularity’ and that little, if anything, is said about how to achieve it” - Glenford J. Myers, 1978. This quote is 40 years old. Today, 4 decades later, nothing has changed except terminology. Time to fix this. In this talk Vladik will share with you the various strategies of decomposing systems into modular components. You will learn what exactly Bounded Contexts and Microservices are. See how and why they differ. Analyze what happens between services - how data flows, and how this flow can be optimized. Ultimately, you will explore different decomposition strategies and heuristics for designing modular systems. Systems that aren’t driven by ever-changing fads, but by your business needs.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The Dark Side Of Events (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- FullStack Event Sourcing and Applied DDD with Roman Sachse (Online Course on 23rd - 25th September 2020)
- Domain Models in Practice: DDD, CQRS & Event Sourcing with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 28th September - 2nd October 2020)
- The History of DevOps at Amazon (Online Meetup on 16th September 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Applied Domain-Driven Design — Full-Stack Event Sourcing (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
Microservices, Bounded Contexts, and Everything in Between
Having over 15 years of experience in the software industry, Vladik has worked across multiple business domains, including advertisement, healthcare, telecommunications, and customer acquisition. Currently Vladik serves as the Chief Architect for Internovus, where he is in charge of large-scale projects, and an international developers team. Vladik’s main areas of interest are Domain-Driven Design, Distributed Systems, Cloud Computing, and building effective teams. When he's not geeking out, Vladik reads lots of books, photographs nature, and repairs his r/c aircrafts.