Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
What if there were some universal truths about how to make a great team? What if those universal truths could be replicated in any team AND what if we had rock solid proof that these truths really do work?
Today, because of science and psychology, we can answer those ‘what if’ questions with confidence.
This talk will share the seven most important insights we’ve gleaned in the last 15 years from social psychology, informatics, neuroscience, nudge theory and positive psychology into what makes a team truly thrive and why so many teams struggle with low engagement and motivation.
So, if you lead a team, or if you’re a team member wondering how you could make things better for everyone, this talk is for you. Our time together will be focused on practical, actionable tactics, rather than scientific chest beating.
You will walk away with at least two simple interventions that are proven to significantly impact you, or your team in a short space of time. They will improve collaboration, morale, quality of productivity and more.
Intrigued? See you at the talk.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Gitte Klitgaard's Whole Team Communication (in London on 29th - 30th October 2019)
- Martine Devos' Certified Scrum Master, Estimation & Planning Class (in London on 4th - 5th November 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- Icons - Gotta Catch Em All? - Workshop (in London on 7th November 2019)
- Diversity for Digital – Become the Ambassador of Making a Difference (in London on 21st November 2019)
- Right to Left - Outcome Driven Agility (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- DevOps and Microservices Better Together (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Track Lead: 7 Lessons From Science That Will Improve Team Collaboration
Alan Furlong (MBA, BA Hons, Cert Pos Psych) is the co-founder of Sherpa People Systems, a company that is focused on executing ‘people science’ interventions to improve all human aspects of Agile Leadership, Agile Teams and Agile culture. He has been a HR, Training, Sales and Marketing professional, Entrepreneur and Training Company founder. He has worked in Europe, Asia and Australia.