Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, you will learn about attempts to step into the world of typed actors. What was the impact, what was learned, what is still missing and what was the end result? The talk is aimed at those who are interested in Akka development, have not made the move to typed actors yet but may be wondering what they are missing.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 13th May 2021)
- Akka Streams for Scala | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 12th May 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021 (Online Conference on 18th - 22nd May 2021)
- An Introduction to Cats Effect with Adam Rosien (Online Meetup on 22nd April 2021)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- The Last Frontier and Beyond (SkillsCast recorded in August 2019)
Typed Actors - Should I Start Using Them?
Willem is one of those old-timers with 15+ years java experience who some years ago decided to give his software development career a new boost by switching to scala. Wishing he had done so about 10 years earlier he is still amazed at a daily basis by the expressiveness of scala and just how much fun it is to write clever code. Currently building super safe digital identities at startup Cleverbase in The Netherlands using scala and akka.