Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
This workshop will walk you through the basics of and motivation behind Android Jetpack's navigation component.
You'll learn how to:
Setup an app with navigation
Use the navigation graph to make destinations and actions
Add navigation transitions
Implement type-safe argument passing
Set up a standard UI pattern such as a navigation drawer
Work with deep links
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Adventures in Navigation (SkillsCast recorded in October 2018)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Front Endgineers London (in London on 1st July 2019)
- Hybrid Apps from a Ember/Vue/React PWA (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Bringing Back Dial-up: The Internet Over SMS (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Workshop: Introduction to the Navigation Component
Lyla Fujiwara is an Android Developer Advocate at Google. Prior to joining Google, she worked at Udacity on the Android team, where she taught introductory to advanced Android and Firebase content to over a hundred thousand developers. She's a returned Peace Corps volunteer and has taught and lived on three continents.