Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Luis has worked at different companies where developers had different levels of expertise. A few of them lived and breathed pure functional programming, but most of them were just starting to use Scala and its ecosystem.
In this talk, Luis will share his views and experience when working with teams where most of the members are new to Scala. What can you do to help them learn and write something that is not just a 'better Java'? What are the pain points? What can you do to mitigate them?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Certified Agile Team Coaching with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Workshop on 6th - 10th February 2023)
- LJC: Monitoring Digital Experience to Determine Feature Effectiveness (Online Meetup on 11th October 2022)
- LJC: Understanding the board not just the pieces (Online Meetup on 14th October 2022)
- Lightning Talk: My 100 Days of F# - in 10 Minutes (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- How to Read Complex Code? (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Luis is a software engineer with more than 12 years of experience ranging from embedded software development to enterprise web applications. 6 years ago he rediscovered functional programming when he started to learn Scala. Nowadays he tries to spread the love for functional programming at whichever company he is working for. He also enjoys playing board games every now and then, even solo.