Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Luis has worked at different companies where developers had different levels of expertise. A few of them lived and breathed pure functional programming, but most of them were just starting to use Scala and its ecosystem.
In this talk, Luis will share his views and experience when working with teams where most of the members are new to Scala. What can you do to help them learn and write something that is not just a 'better Java'? What are the pain points? What can you do to mitigate them?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 13th May 2021)
- Akka Streams for Scala | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 12th May 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021 (Online Conference on 18th - 22nd May 2021)
- An Introduction to Cats Effect with Adam Rosien (Online Meetup on 22nd April 2021)
- Value Streams are Made of People (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Supporting Each Other: Growth for Juniors and Seniors (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Luis is a software engineer with more than 12 years of experience ranging from embedded software development to enterprise web applications. 6 years ago he rediscovered functional programming when he started to learn Scala. Nowadays he tries to spread the love for functional programming at whichever company he is working for. He also enjoys playing board games every now and then, even solo.