Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
You will then learn how to calculate derivatives using a family of algorithms known as Automatic Differentiation and how to encapsulate these algorithms in a familiar monadic interface. From this, you will be able to build a toy deep learning system in Scala. Finally, we will look at the future of deep learning frameworks and the rise of 'differentiable programming'.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The Elements of Tagless Final Style (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 13th May 2021)
- Akka Streams for Scala | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 12th May 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021 (Online Conference on 18th - 22nd May 2021)
- An Introduction to Cats Effect with Adam Rosien (Online Meetup on 22nd April 2021)
- NodeJS, ML, K8s and Unethical Face Recognition (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Ceci n’est pas un canard - Machine Learning and Generative Adversarial Networks (SkillsCast recorded in August 2020)
Deep Learning: Programming with a Difference
Noel has been interested in computers for a long time, particularly the leverage that computers give to people. He followed this interest to a PhD in machine learning, focusing on Bayesian nonparametrics and reinforcement learning. He still finds machine learning very interesting, but right now is more involved with programming and programming languages. A large part of his work is helping people become more effective with functional programming.