Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
You will then learn how to calculate derivatives using a family of algorithms known as Automatic Differentiation and how to encapsulate these algorithms in a familiar monadic interface. From this, you will be able to build a toy deep learning system in Scala. Finally, we will look at the future of deep learning frameworks and the rise of 'differentiable programming'.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The Elements of Tagless Final Style (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Team Topology - Enablement mode (Online Meetup on 6th October 2022)
- E120 - Harjot Singh - Data Analytics at the Core of Digital Transformation (Online Meetup on 9th October 2022)
- ML Pipelines from the Get Go (Without Tears) (SkillsCast recorded in August 2022)
- Keynote — Provably correct, asymptotically efficient, higher-order reverse-mode automatic differentiation (SkillsCast recorded in November 2021)
Deep Learning: Programming with a Difference
Noel has been interested in computers for a long time, particularly the leverage that computers give to people. He followed this interest to a PhD in machine learning, focusing on Bayesian nonparametrics and reinforcement learning. He still finds machine learning very interesting, but right now is more involved with programming and programming languages. A large part of his work is helping people become more effective with functional programming.