Since it’s humble beginnings in the 2006 AWS has led Cloud computing and revolutionized how we do IT.
Every year there are scores of new services, incremental improvements to existing ones and traditionally difficult problems made simple.
Proficiency in AWS is almost a guarantee to an excellent career and handsome salary.
Visual recognition is one key area of AI and in mid-2018 AWS released an intriguing Linux-based solution, DeepLens. It is thoroughly integrated with the AWS infrastructure and opens up fascinating avenues in AI for the adventurous!
Tonight we are incredibly lucky to have the renowned expert Ric Harvey explaining AI and DeepLens.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Automate Your Docker Work Flow with git and AWS Pipeline (SkillsCast recorded in February 2019)
- Safe and Reproducible Deployments with Immutable Infrastructure (in Online Event on 28th May 2020)
- Digital Discrimination: Cognitive Bias in Machine Learning (in Online Event on 4th June 2020)
- Using A.I. to Help Humanitarian Causes (SkillsCast recorded in May 2020)
- Emergent Behaviour in Insects (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
AWS, AI and DeepLens
Ric Harvey is a Technical Evangelist at AWS. He has a long career in operations and development using cloud technologies. Coupled with his passion for community and open source, he enjoys sharing this knowledge and engaging with audiences.