Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Everything is going fine until the day when, during an informal conversation, you understand something deeper about your domain … This is called a ‘refactoring breakthrough’. Suddenly, everything changes, you start dreaming up a new design that would both simplify your life and make you more effective.
Something else has changed: your technical debt. It just doubled overnight! Whereas yesterday you felt productive, today, you feel slow in the light of what this new design would enable. Interestingly, it’s BDD and the discussions with users that put you in this situation. That’s strange, isn’t it?
That a best practice would create technical debt looks like a nonsense! Should we rethink the whole notion of ‘technical debt’? How does BDD unlock these ‘refactoring breakthrough’? How can we benefit from this opportunity? What’s at stake here?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Crafting Code with Sandro Mancuso (Online Course on 13th - 14th May 2021)
- Sociotechnical Domain-Driven Design with Kacper Gunia (Online Course on 20th - 21st May 2021)
- DDDx — Domain-Driven Design eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 8th - 9th June 2021)
- P3X — People Product Process eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 8th - 9th September 2021)
- Monitoring Temperature (with Too Many Bluetooth Thermometers) (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
- Rusty Azure (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)