Mark Pratt will be taking you though the considerations and design of migrating large databases from an existing system to a highly available solution using Always On availability group.
This will include:
Provisioning the source database to enable a smooth and easy migration
Tips, hints and gotchas on the migration with minimal down time
Migrating a database when the suggested solution Is not possible
An introduction to adding a database into an Availability Group using automatic seeding (new to SQL 2017)
This is a no demo presentation but sample code will be made available to download with a copy of the slides.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- End-to-end SQL Server encryption made easy - if a (SQL)numpty can do it, so can you. (SkillsCast recorded in February 2019)
- Ceci n’est pas un canard – Machine Learning and Generative Adversarial Networks (Online Meetup on 6th August 2020)
- Web Scraping with GoLang (Online Meetup on 13th August 2020)
- Digital Discrimination: Cognitive Bias in Machine Learning (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
- Using A.I. to Help Humanitarian Causes (SkillsCast recorded in May 2020)