A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
The agile manifesto states: “individuals and interactions over process and tools” and yet the workshop by the agile coach and the scrum trainer ends up in the process track. We are going to look together into what happens with our ‘AGILE’.
A quote for this one: 'There is depth in the questions “How do I do this?” that is worth exploring. The question is a defense against the action. It is a leap past the question of purpose, past the question of intentions, and past the drama of responsibility. The question “How?” – more than any other – looks for the answer outside of us. It is an indirect expression of doubts... From choosing Freedom, Service and Adventure, Peter Block, Stewardship.
In our agile culture we have yielded too easily to what is doable, popular and practical. We find ourselves giving in to our doubts and settling for what we know how to do (or can soon learn how to do) instead of what most matters to us and living with the challenge and anxiety that that requires.
In this workshop, a Concept Café (inspired by Margareth Weathlea’s Worldcafe) we will use Images of Organization (Gareth Morgan) to look how skilled can develop the knack of reading situations with various scenarios in mind and forging appropriate actions without falling into process at the cost of people’s and vision.
We will use stories, metaphors and pictures of our favourite and less favourite “leaders”.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Ceci N’est Pas Un Scrum (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 24th - 25th February 2021)
- Agile at Scale with Joakim Sundén (Online Course on 1st - 4th March 2021)
- P3X — People Product Process eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 15th - 16th September 2021)
- Personal Engineering: Living Well at Work (Online Meetup on 11th March 2021)
- Agile During the Time of Jesus (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- The Death of Silos (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Workshop: The Answer to “How?” is “Yes!” (Peter Block)
Martine Devos is an Organizational Development Consultant and trainer, with over 30 years of managerial experience in both traditional and Agile environments. She is a passionate thought-leader of Agile methodologies, coaching over 25,000 people in the theories and practices behind Scrum, Extreme Programming, Lean Software Management and Kanban.