A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
A quote for this one: 'There is depth in the questions “How do I do this?” that is worth exploring. The question is a defense against the action. It is a leap past the question of purpose, past the question of intentions, and past the drama of responsibility. The question “How?” – more than any other – looks for the answer outside of us. It is an indirect expression of doubts... From choosing Freedom, Service and Adventure, Peter Block, Stewardship.
In our agile culture we have yielded too easily to what is doable, popular and practical. We find ourselves giving in to our doubts and settling for what we know how to do (or can soon learn how to do) instead of what most matters to us and living with the challenge and anxiety that that requires.
In this workshop, a Concept Café (inspired by Margareth Weathlea’s Worldcafe) we will use Images of Organization (Gareth Morgan) to look how skilled can develop the knack of reading situations with various scenarios in mind and forging appropriate actions without falling into process at the cost of people’s and vision.
We will use stories, metaphors and pictures of our favourite and less favourite “leaders”.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Ceci N’est Pas Un Scrum (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Agile at Scale with Joakim Sundén (Online Course on 20th - 23rd September 2021)
- Provisional Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner with Ben Maynard (Online Course on 27th - 29th September 2021)
- YOW! December 2021 (Online Conference on 30th November - 1st December 2021)
- Gojko Adzic: Facilitating Impact Mapping - September Meetup part 2 (Online Meetup on 29th September 2021)
- Remote LeSS Sprints with Review Bazaar (Online Meetup on 5th October 2021)
- Words Matter. Build Team Relationships and Push Through Conflicts by Practicing Nonviolent Communication (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- Building Adaptive Systems for a Fast Flow of Change (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
Workshop: The Answer to “How?” is “Yes!” (Peter Block)
Martine Devos is an Organizational Development Consultant and trainer, with over 30 years of managerial experience in both traditional and Agile environments. She is a passionate thought-leader of Agile methodologies, coaching over 25,000 people in the theories and practices behind Scrum, Extreme Programming, Lean Software Management and Kanban.